As a chapter of the Huntington Society of Canada, Young People Affected by Huntington Disease (YPAHD) aspires to a reliable treatment for Huntington disease.
YPAHD helps youth think about and discuss things like genetic testing, family life, and dating with HD, and supports them in their struggles of being affected by the disease. This group gives young people someone to relate to, talk to, and lean on. This support system can be incredibly important during this stage in life and beyond.
YPAHD strives to:
- Provide a community and support network for young people affected by HD.
- Increase public awareness thereby enabling others to understand the disease.
- Raise funds to deliver services for those living with HD and to further research in order to slow and prevent HD.
- Listen to and advocate for the needs and goals of young people affected by HD through the communication mechanisms provided by the Huntington Society of Canada
Congratulations to the 2022-2024 YPAHD executive, elected March 23, 2022!
- President: Caleb Harding
- Vice-President: Celine Payne
- Social Media Coordinator: Taylor Van Beest
- Youth Engagement Co-coordinators (tie vote): Mackenzie Remillard and Parker Van Beest
- Past President: Doug Mallock
- HSC National Board of Directors Youth Representative: Catherine Price
Youth across Canada are making a huge difference in the HD community – hosting fundraisers, mentoring younger people experiencing the challenges of HD, volunteering in HD research studies, participating in coalitions that advocate for HD patients, participating on the HSC National Board of Directors, and even serving on the executive committee of local Chapters.